Introduction

My name is Ignacio Flores (Candidate number: 9049) and I am working in Group 2 with Mario Louka, (Candidate Number 9099) and Eddie Rowe (Candidate Number 9147). To access my work, please click on the three labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

Group 2 Music Video

Digipak

Digipak:

Website

Link to the website:Link to the website:


Monday 30 March 2015

Construction 10: Looking back - Reflections on our final outcome

Highlights:

  • I think that the team worked very well together; in planning, production and post production. 
  • I really enjoyed learning new skills that I could use in the different stages of the project, it was especially fun learning about grading and how it gave the opening a very distinctive look.
  • It was very cathartic having finally finished our opening sequence and it is something that I am very proud of.

Low Points:

  • We did have quite a lot of difficulty in our shoots, as we only had certain days in which we could shoot, this became a much bigger problem for our backup shoot where we could only shoot at lunchtime.
  • Overall the shoots took very long, we were lucky to have been able to film for so long in the after school sessions in the first place. The disadvantage of the length of the shoots was that, over time everyone understandably became tired and so our productivity was lower, thankfully we were able to get our work done.
  • Finding out that we had one of our shots broke continuity; this was really disappointing, since it was kind of noticeable in the final product and we had no way of re shooting it.

I would like audiences to really appreciate the story and the characters of our film opening and that they would want to know what happens later on in the film. I think this is what would appeal to most people, however some may be confused by it. I would also like the audience to appreciate the aesthetic of the film; the lighting and grading, as I think this is one of the things that makes the film unique.

If I had more time, I would have fixed the continuity errors by re-shooting the shots as needed. I would also tweak the grading of some of the shots more, as some look slightly different to the others making them seem out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment