Introduction

My name is Ignacio Flores (Candidate number: 9049) and I am working in Group 2 with Mario Louka, (Candidate Number 9099) and Eddie Rowe (Candidate Number 9147). To access my work, please click on the three labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

Group 2 Music Video

Digipak

Digipak:

Website

Link to the website:Link to the website:


Tuesday 30 June 2015

1) Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What role(s) did you take and what did you learn? What were your best bits and why?

Me in costume as the bassist
The main workshop shoot day was long and we had to do a lot of work during it, but at the same time it very rewarding. The experience of being on a professional shoot was amazing, there was always a lot going, which helped to keep it exciting. We all got to meet and work with professionals in the industry, which made the experience more entertaining.

In the performance, I was the bassist of group 2. After much practice with the performance directors I was able to know what type of movements I had to be doing during the performance, as well as how to play my instrument and in which stance I had to be.

Me, cable bashing

I also did some things that didn't involve performing. I carried out some tasks with the dolly - building the dolly track and also being the dolly grip for some shots. Sometimes I acted as cable basher, moving cables out of the way of the camera operator/ dolly grip and dolly. I also used the clapper board to mark which setup, take and group were in a shot for Jack, the Director of Photography.

I think the best parts of the day were being able to watch our and other groups performing, as when I was performing it didn't feel very special while I was in the heat of the moment, but watching other groups do it showed me how much energy and effort we were all putting into our performances.

A timelapse video of the set being set up:

No comments:

Post a Comment