Introduction

My name is Ignacio Flores (Candidate number: 9049) and I am working in Group 2 with Mario Louka, (Candidate Number 9099) and Eddie Rowe (Candidate Number 9147). To access my work, please click on the three labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.

Group 2 Music Video

Digipak

Digipak:

Website

Link to the website:Link to the website:


Tuesday 30 June 2015

2) What have you learnt from participating in each prelim task 1, 2, 3, and 5?

Task 1 - The Audition



From this task, I learnt that it was important to actually perform during the remake. To carry out this task well, I had to learn how to lipsync, which meant I had to be actually singing the song. Looking back on this task I noticed that in particular I did not move as much as the others and my performance was not very energetic; so I resolved to try harder in the real thing and during rehearsals.

Task 2 - Practising the Performance
How the bassist looked in the real thing

During this time we all practiced our individual roles, I was assigned the role of bassist. I was taught
different movements I should do and how I should look while pretending to play my bass guitar, and I think I took this information on board. I also learnt how important it was to stretch out before performing, to avoid injuries.

Task 3 - Costume, hair and makeup

A picture of me in costume
My costume was quite accurate in relation to the original video. I had a black shirt and red trousers as well as trainers, which meant that I looked similar to the bassist. I also had makeup like 'guyliner' applied to me and part of my hair was dyed purple, this added to the punk look which we were going for.





Task 5 - The Edit

How our sequence looked during editing
After the shoot was over, we had to edit our footage to make it look like the original music video. Editing this was different to what I was used to, as opposed to the film intro we made in AS, this was very fast paced and continuity didn't matter at all. When editing the video, we would put takes into different tracks and sync them all up, and then pick which parts of which setups we wanted for a certain shot; by using this method it made it a lot quicker. I found that making sure the video was synced was one of the most important things to take into account. Grading was also very important, most of the shots needed a high amount of contrast and saturation and it took a very long time to tweak each shot, so that they looked just right. We used "Luma Corrector" to change the lighting of some shots, and this was used mainly for the flashes that appear frequently throughout the video.

Luma Corrector settings
A shot with Luma Corrector applied




No comments:

Post a Comment